Coro can scan image files when performing sensitive data scans on Windows endpoint devices. To do so, ensure that Tesseract is installed on those devices.
To install Tesseract on a Windows device:
- Download and execute the Tesseract exe installation file: https://digi.bib.uni-mannheim.de/tesseract/tesseract-ocr-w64-setup-v184.108.40.20620712.exe
- From the Installation wizard Language data is configured in English:
- Copy the destination folder path to the clipboard (for example C:\Program Files\Tesseract-OCR).
- Paste the path as a system variable:
- Create a new system variable with the following configuration:
- Variable name: TESSDATA_PREFIX
- Variable value: C:\Program Files\Tesseract-OCR\tessdata
- From the terminal (command line) run:
- Verify that you can find Tesseract v220.127.116.1120712 on the device.